About our Institute
The Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjusters is Australasia's premier professional Loss Adjusting Institute. It is a result of the merging in 1997 of all three major Institutes in Australia and New Zealand, being:
- Australian Institute of Loss Adjusters (AILA)
- Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters Australasian Division (CILA)
- Institute of Loss Adjusters of New Zealand (ILANZ)
The purposes of AICLA include
- provision of a framework of recognised and respected educational standards, courses and qualifications
- continuing advancement of the education and technical knowledge of our members through meetings, seminars and conferences.
- provision of unified representation in the Insurance and Financial Services Industry which we serve
- ongoing liaison with Insurers, Brokers, Lawyers and others serving in our Industry.
Members are subject to a framework of qualifications and bound by a strict code of conduct designed to ensure a high standard of knowledge, efficiency and integrity in our dealings with our Industry and the Public.