A Technical Workshop: Managing Catastrophe Claims
November 12 @ 9:00 am - November 13 @ 5:00 pm
Key Course Contents:
Day 1 – Catastrophe Flood Events:
- Background and overview of flood events
- Is flooding going to be a bigger issue in the future?
- What are Governments and Insurers doing?
- Types of damage and issues encountered
- Policy interpretation and policy considerations
- Case studies – technical / policy questions
Day 2 – Issues in Handling Flood-Related Business Interruption Claims:
- What is business interruption and what is BI insurance designed to cover?
- How is BI Policy structured?
- Loss Mitigation – the insured’s obligations
- BI Basis of Settlement
- All Other Circumstances Clause
- Common Contingent BI Extensions and Impact of Flooding
- Wide area damage, denial of access
- Basic case study with calculations
- In depth case study with calculations